Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Giving Thanks

I love the name of this Holiday. Thanksgiving. While an outside observer could look at the Holiday and wonder why we are stuffing ourselves to sickness, watching football and mingling with relatives that drive us crazy...and a historian could postulate that the Pilgrims we look to as the founders of the day were really rather nasty to the natives that showed them how not to starve in a strange new land...I'd rather look at it from a philosophical standpoint.
To Give Thanks.
To Be Thankful.
To be filled with Gratitude, for everyone and everything in your life.
A whole day off from work and school meant just to think about all the blessings you have in your life.
A day we pray around the table, meditate or wish upon a star for others to be as blessed as we are.
And cranberries and stuffing :}
I am always struggling financially, I am always worrying about every little thing, I am always wishing for more.
But I am full and I never have to go without the necessities. I have friends and a home and a car and creamer for my coffee. I get sick but I can buy medicine. I do not fear walking out my door that I may be shot down by an insurgent or a gang of thugs.
I have running water and electricity, I have clothing to protect me from the elements. I am in fact, rather spoiled.
And I am so incredibly thankful for that.
So Thank you Universe for all your blessings!
And I hope all of you are equally as blessed this year and the next. :}
Have a Great Thanksgiving!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home